Any Just Hosting Inc. customer or any of Just Hosting Inc.’s resellers’ customers shall not do any of the following, or permit any third party under its control (including its customers and their authorized users) to do the following, and must include provisions in its service agreements for its customers and authorized users that restrict them from doing any of the following:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Service and/or the Internet; or
- Upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute, or participate in the transfer or sale, or in any way exploit any information, software or other material obtained through the Internet which is PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT or other proprietary rights or derivative works with respect thereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or right holder; or
- Publish adult material of any form (including but not limited to images, text, sound, video, etc.) to your site. Further, you are not permitted to distribute material promoting hatred against individuals or groups or any content which may be deemed to be illegal according to the laws of Canada; or
- Use the SMTP services of a third party for the purposes of relaying or sending electronic mail messages without the express permission of that third party; or
- Host a publicly-accessible “open relay” SMTP or anonymous remailer service for any purpose, cause, or reason; or
- Post a commercial advertisement to any USENET newsgroup, Internet “chat room”, bulletin board, or similar forum, if the target forum is not specifically chartered for public advertisement by non-private parties of items “for sale” or
- Post to any USENET Newsgroup or other newsgroups, forum, email mailing list or similar group or list articles which are off-topic according to the charter or other public statement of the group; or
- Send Unsolicited Commercial E-mail (UCE, also known as SPAM) to any number of e-mail users or lists; or
- Maintain, or send e-mail to, “opt-in targeted marketing lists” if the Customer cannot demonstrate, to Just Hosting Inc.’s satisfaction, that the members of the list(s) have knowingly requested to be added to the list(s) in question through direct action of their own doing, and that easily-accessible, automated opt-out/removal mechanisms are in place and available to the members of the list(s); or
- Engage in any activity that is, or appears to be, an attempt to gain unauthorized access to a remote system or network, or to gain information that could later be used to assist in gaining unauthorized access to a remote system or network, such as port scanning, dictionary attacks, Denial of Service attacks, server/service hijacking, etc.; or
- Engage in any of the foregoing activities using the service of another provider, but channeling such activities through a Just Hosting Inc. account or remailer, or using anJust Hosting Inc. account as a mail drop for responses to UCE, or hosting a website that is advertised via UCE that originates from a non-Just Hosting Inc.-connected source, or otherwise requiring return transit through Just Hosting Inc.’s internet backbone; or
- Falsify or “spoof” user information provided to Just Hosting Inc. or to other users of the Service, and for handling all complaints and trouble reports made by its own customers and authorized users.
- Publish or maintain a website which portrays itself to be an online bank or financial institution but has not been registered with the necessary authorities.
At Just Hosting Inc. and its officer’s discretion, access to Just Hosting Inc.’s hosting service may be revoked at any time for abusive conduct. Just Hosting Inc. and its officers are deemed as authority to define abusive conduct and definitions may periodically change or be amended to previous ones.
Further, if customer is notified by Just Hosting Inc.’s Legal Department, via e-mail or the Customer discovers on their own or through any other means, that the Customer themselves or any third party under Customers control of a violation of this Acceptable Use Policy, the Customer will take whatever steps are necessary to stop such activity, and prevent repeat violations by the offending entity.
The customer will respond to all violations reported within 1 (one) business day of the violation being reported, and will have put a stop to the activity within 2 (two) business days of the violation first being reported.
Just Hosting Inc. reserves the right to suspend Customers’ accounts until such abuse has been eliminated.
If Just Hosting Inc. is required to suspend or remove a Customers’ account as a result of a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy there will be no refund of any kind given or provided.
If you have any questions or comments please contact the legal department firstname.lastname@example.org.